It is a delight to be the spouse of a hard working, joy-filled, dedicated man.



Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Sittin' by the Edge of the Pond

I miss my Saturday company. They worked very hard along side Dirt and I and the girls, but they also brought some wonderful wine and a vital reason to relax and just converse, friendship. (By the way read the title to the tune of Sittin' by the Dock of the Bay)

We got back to work promptly after we parted with them and everyone else at the bowling alley for Spring Bowlerama on Sunday. Well first we stopped by The Orange Store, but that was a lot like work. And then we sorta sat and watched a movie when we got home.

But now were workin' hard. For instance, today Bet and I got her incubator up and running and stuffed it full of eggs. Chicken, duck and two turkey eggs about three dozen in all. After which she tilled the market garden area and I finished up making beds up at North Garden.


I moved about six wheelbarrow loads of dirt, soil, from North Garden down to Flag Pole hill, planted six lilac bushes and about fifteen dahlia clumps.

And before the day really started I walked thirty two hanging baskets out of my Laundry House (hanging in there aka as the Propagation House for about another week) not to mention twenty eight brugs that are getting quite large and gangly and several flats of this and that.
.
That'd be about thirty trips in and out and down two steps. And if I took them out this morning you know what I did last thing tonight 'til about eight thirty. Took them back in.
.
I think I have had my stepper exercise for the day. Which is good since I just looked up the side effects of my new drug and found out that the number one side effect is.... that's right, weight gain. Oh yippee, just what I need.
.
Oh well, a person can't have everything go their way now can they. Sometimes you have to have somethin' to push back against eh?
.
Dear Reader, please have a delightful day or two, however long it takes me to get back here to my zapping lap top. And hey, remember, God is taking care of us, you and I.

12 comments:

Bangchik and Kakdah said...

That cat has color very similar to our neighbor's cat. It's nice to sit around, view and get immersed with the surroundings. ~bangchik

A. Joy said...

The flowers are marvelous!!! I thought for sure you'd water colored in that first photo of the chairs by the pond ( great new chairs by the way! ) because the color was so vibrant!

Susie said...

Well you definitely got your exercise!

Love the spring pics. So pretty!

LindaSue said...

The pictures are marvelous - wish I could sit in one of those chairs and share a glass of whatever and just BE for a while. You and the rest of the Vicktory Farm folk are surely working hard to increase the success - and the Lord is blessing it - He loves us all but I'm sure He has a special spot for those who work hard.

Connie said...

Oh my gosh, Lanny, you sure know how to fill up a day!

I love the pictures. I'm drinking in all that pretty green in the first picture. Everything here is still mostly brown. Your flowers are absolutely gorgeous. Wow! We do have buds on our daffodil spikes now, but you are ahead of us by quite a bit.

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

oh my gosh those flowers are lovely!!! and my meds cause weight gain too. it stinks big time!

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoox

Flower said...

Wow, what a day!! It is that time of year...and there is much more to come..I'm sure! I hope you share a picture of the eggs when they hatch! I'd like to see a baby turkey!!

Catherine@AGardenerinProgress said...

Your pictures are sooo pretty. It looks and sounds like Spring there. I'd love to sit by the edge of the pond. Hopefully after all your work you'll get some more time to sit and enjoy the view.

Far Side of Fifty said...

I can only hope that it is my meds! I think that everyone is complaining about weight gain this spring..then someone said do one hour of exercise to stay the same and two hours to lose weight..gosh..you did yours by carting around those flats.
That photo near the pond is something else..the grass is so green and lush looking!! I would like to sit a spell in one of those red chairs..then walk among the Daffodils..what fun that would be. Thankfully you posted the photos..so at least I could enjoy them:)

Cliff said...

me thinks it almost spring here. We have April showers a few days early and the chicks are coming in on April 9th.
Marilyn wants to start stirring the dirt.
btw I love the song Sittin on the dock of the bay.

Mountain Mama said...

Hi. I found you at Ralphs and decided to come for a visit. This is a busy time of year. I live in Bellingham, WA and have been spending a lot of time out in my gardens when the weather permits.
I love your daffodil's. I have never seen those with the ruffled apricot centers. They are wonderful.
Thanks for the nice visit.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Spring pictures Lanny. Wishing you all a lovely Sunday and a Happy Easter.