It is a delight to be the spouse of a hard working, joy-filled, dedicated man.



Friday, March 12, 2010

What's Today?

Well, aside from being another day God made, it is a day for killing slugs (a favorite sport of mine) and eradicating "hard to kill weeds" hideous things in the garden both, so that is what I am going to do! In the rain.

Because it is raining I can't spray for disease and bugs like the sign of Aquarius recommends, but the next sunny day (no one told the rain clouds that they can't come around on the sign of Aquarius) I will certainly do so because the leaves on the roses have arrived for sure!



I was going to wander around and take pictures of everything for today's entry but Dirt is to come home early and I am to have myself and him packed for a little get away. I need to make sure that I actually get some work done. Sometimes between Photoshop and Blogger my day can render little else besides more pictures. Which... is not a bad thing really but....



Dirt and I are going up to Charley's Greenhouse to get the glazing for the hothouse, and even more importantly, to visit our dear friends up north, and for me to sort of regroup my brain cells, and gain a new go at things for the last hard push to have things ready for April 22.

The girls are staying here with eyes on the pasture, no more lambs are expected but we now have the bald eagles visiting because the early lambs are out on the field with their mommies and aunties. And because they are new and nursing they need good solid nutrition, so the girls stay and we go.

Besides, Janie should be popping any day now. Oh wait! LindaSue may not read this! I don't want to be responsible for someone else coveting.

You know really, it is a good thing I don't have much time to talk, I have several drafts in my file to tidy up and publish, all rantings about the current "green" movement, oh and one about bald eagles and the destruction and havoc that they bring to our farm.

Fortunately for you, I mustn't tarry here at the keyboard, I am going to take my cranky self outside in the rain to kill what I can and then off to a little time away to gain some perspective. Or get worse, who knows, you may get to read my rantings after all.



I am having what seems to be some major successes in the propagation department but I don't want to say anything too much about it at the moment, it could all go south, but I am going to make some chamomile tea today for my seedlings in hopes to ward off the dreading damping off disease.

Toot-a-Lou, Dear Reader have a very beautiful weekend whether it be a lovely shade of steel grey from the sky or clear robin-egg blue, it is all from God and to be cherished, may you and I revel in it and sing Him praises for His goodness.

8 comments:

Lisa @ Life with 4! said...

Have a wonderful weekend Lanny.
Rainy down this way too. Had quite a wind storm last night and early this morning. The power has flickered a few times so I've got the fire stoked up, just in case.

Drive safely!

Mrs. Mike said...

I was wondering if it was Charley you were going to see. I've been receiving his catalog for years and have wanted to pay him a visit.
Bring back some goodies!

LindaSue said...

PUPPIES - Rat Terrorist PUPPIES! yippeeee - pictures many many pictures.
Whew - got that out of my system. (not really but I don't want LannyTanny to think I'm covetous). good idea for a bit of a get away! Bless those two girls
so capable and fun.

Connie said...

Sounds like another busy and full day for you, Lanny. Good luck fighting off the slugs. I hope you have a great weekend!

A. Joy said...

So ~ Uncle Thom used to gather us all outside for the annual " shoot the slugs into orbit via bottle rockets" day. Always lots of fun, lots of slugs were sacrificed and sometimes you had to watch out for slug shrapnel.

Don said...

slugs and weeds, what a great pair to spend your morning with! I hope you had a nice getaway!

Carol............. said...

You DO keep busy, don't you?

Well, that probably keeps you out of trouble...LOL.

Far Side of Fifty said...

I hope you had a grand weekend! I guess I should be thankful for the steel grey cloudy skies.. and the rain that is falling from them. However I am not cheerfully thankful.
Slugs..how about beer in bowls buried at ground level..they just drown their sorrows..LOL.
And those darned old Eagles..they are a pain in the neck..what was God thinking? I hope your baby lambs stayed safe all weekend.
Damping Off..Air Circulation is a good thing to help prevent it..some seedlings just damp off easier than others.. always water in the morning!!
Well thats it for my 2 cents worth that you didn't ask for..
Take Care my friend:)