It is a delight to be the spouse of a hard working, joy-filled, dedicated man.



Friday, June 27, 2008

I Am Safe and Living Abundantly

Titus 2:11-13 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men. Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously and godly in the present age, looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Saviour Jesus Christ.

John 10:10 The thief does not come except to steal and to kill and to destroy; I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.

Romans 5:17 For if by the transgression of the one, death reigned through the one, much more those who receive the abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness will reign in life through the One, Jesus Christ.

Psalm 65
Praise awaits you, O God, in Zion;
to you our vows will be fulfilled.
O you who hear prayer,
to you all men will come.
When we were overwhelmed by sins,
you forgave our transgressions.
Blessed are those you choose
and bring near to live in your courts!
We are filled with the good things of your house,
of your holy temple.
You answer us with awesome deeds of righteousness,
O God our Savior,
the hope of all the ends of the earth
and of the farthest seas,
who formed the mountains by your power,
having armed yourself with strength,
who stilled the roaring of the seas,
the roaring of their waves,
and the turmoil of the nations.
Those living far away fear your wonders;
where morning dawns and evening fades
you call forth songs of joy.
You care for the land and water it;
you enrich it abundantly.
The streams of God are filled with water
to provide the people with grain,
for so you have ordained it.
You drench its furrows and level its ridges;
you soften it with showers and bless its crops.

You crown the year with your bounty
and your carts overflow with abundance.

The grasslands of the desert overflow;
the hills are clothed with gladness.
The meadows are covered with flocks
and the valleys are mantled with grain;
they shout for joy and sing.

The God whom I love and adore and sing praises to is not a God that is out to get me. He does not delight in pulling the rug out from underneath me. He does not set me up for failure but instead brings riches into my life beyond my wildest imagination. My life is far more blessed than what I could have even asked for in prayer, and light years from the life I would have had at my own conjuring.

When He leads me in a particular direction I need not fear my destruction or the destruction of those I love. He is not the thief, he does not steal away my years or my delights, he only increases them. He enriches my soul and fills me with the good things of His house, I have no stones on my dinner table only the life giving Bread. My prayers He gently and deeply answers and the Holy Spirit holds and comforts me while I wait on the Lord. He will crown the year with His bounty and his carts will overflow with abundance and we who love Him and trust Him and are called by his name will be amazed even in our trust.

No comments: