It is a delight to be the spouse of a hard working, joy-filled, dedicated man.



Saturday, July 26, 2008

Oh Mercy

This is Mercedes, our friend and famous turkey incubating lady, Cindi, loaned her to Anna until she can find a buyer for her.

People are too nice to our girls.

Now that the girls have an extra horse they have been bugging me to go ride with them. I haven't ridden in a long time. I had some issues with my back a few years ago and I quit ridding because I didn't know what the cause was. When I found out that it was Transverse Myelitis and not effected by riding I just never returned to it.

A couple of months ago I swung up on Roy, our orange horse, and went for a little random bareback ride in the pasture while Dirt and Bet worked on her Turkey pens, enough to tell me I was out of riding shape and missed it.

Today I gave into the new pleading and went for a good long ride with the girls. Besides my hind end being powerful angry with me, I had a great time. I really miss riding. Now that we have an extra horse, for a while anyway, I am going to try and squeeze in at least three rides a week with my girls. Easy, my horse, whose picture is on my profile is getting as flabby as I am. We both could do with the added exercise.

I'm just not sure where I am going to steal the time from. You got any to spare dear reader?

No comments: