It is a delight to be the spouse of a hard working, joy-filled, dedicated man.



Friday, November 28, 2008

Having A Happy...

Thanksgiving Day proper was the best.

I spent the day taking care of some two hundred seventy-five gladiola corms, my canna tubers, and my dahlia tubers, they all got separated, cleaned up and packed in sawdust. My begonias weren't ready yet, still very damp and then I went to my pile of strawberry plants, separated and cleaned two hundred of those and my pile isn't even dented. But I felt very accomplished.

As did Elisabet. She made our entire Thanksgiving dinner, the turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, homemade cinnamon bread and green salad. Wow!
.
Not to mention she butchered the turkey the day before. Her dad did the deed while she held the wings and he walked her through the process but she pretty much did it all.
.
This morning Dirt rousted us all out of bed, thankfully he waited till sevenish, so we could do the day after Thanksgiving shopping thing (his choice mind you!). SunBirds in Yelm had a great deal on Romeos so now Dirt and I match. Southhill Freddy's of course has the half price sox thing and we picked up icicle light for our house and Michelle's. Then off to McLendon's for LED colored lights to replace our big C9s. I also picked up a string of lights to replace the rope lights that died in my kitchen display case.
.
We were home by elevenish so the lights went up while I made homemade mayonnaise, and deviled turkey sandwiches. Man, they were yummy. I used the rest of Bet's cinnamon bread and made bread pudding. What an excellent day.
Off to the gathering in town. See you soon dear reader hope your weekend is sensational. Looking forward to tomorrow and especially Sunday!

3 comments:

Ted M. Gossard said...

Glad you and yours had such a wonderful day. Ours was busy, but ended well over dessert and tea with a seminary professor and his wife- both quite gracious and engaging, and we had a nice, delightful and interesting time.

Susie said...

Sounds like the Thanksgiving holiday was fantastic. Your home looks lovely all lit up. Quite festive!

Connie said...

I'm glad to hear you had a nice holiday, Lanny. I'm behind on my blog reading (obviously!) and trying to catch up! :)