It is a delight to be the spouse of a hard working, joy-filled, dedicated man.



Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Come On, You Didn't Just Say That!

So here I was at the fair the last day. Having a great time, laughing. Talking with some people Rebecca and I know. Enjoying my new found political agreement with my good friend (she's been a Republican all her life and I'm a Democrat for McCain). We were not talking loudly but then again we weren't whispering. Someone in our group mentioned Palin's name.

This older, seemingly educated, fellow was standing at my table and he interrupted us with this:

"So, how do you like her gratuitous photos with her trophy disabled child?"

I flashed a fantasy in my mind where I grabbed hold of the guy's head and slammed it several times into the table. But I felt a tap on my shoulder.

Instead, after asking him if it would be alright if the child were "normal," and another tap on the shoulder, I calmed down and asked if he had any questions about my turkeys.

But I was done when he admitted that he voted for the initiative to ban hunting cougars with dogs and trapping coyotes, but now he thinks it might have been a bad thing because the population is clearly out of control, he saw a lot up hiking.

Yeah, fella, try farming with them.

My turkeys just got really expensive for you.

3 comments:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

oh he didn't! i am having a fantasy about pushing his head in the john right now. yikes people are impossible!

do you think they are now tossing biden under the bus and will roll out hillary any day now? and if they do, will you still vote for mccain? just wondering...

i could not vote for nobama if he was the last choice on earth. really.

hey, i LOVE turkeys!!!

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxxoxoxo

Dr.John said...

I don't know who I'll vote for but I am tired of nasty comments directed at Palin.

Melli said...

You gotta be kidding me... I would have just walked away... shaking my head... maybe crying. Definitely praying.