It is a delight to be the spouse of a hard working, joy-filled, dedicated man.



Thursday, September 25, 2008

I'm Turning Into A....

Political nutjob, junky, freakazoid. All I can think of is politics. Dirt didn't have to leave as soon as he ususal does this morning so I watched Good Morning America this morning, not a ususal thing, but what did I see another not usual thing; President Clinton defending John McCain.

Just now, I saw Neil Cavuto (this is a delayed post) interview Lynn Forester de Rothschild, a prominent Hillary Clinton supporter and member of the Democratic National Committee’s Platform Committee, and she whole heartedly endorses McCain (guess she has for a week or so, I may be excited by the news but it isn't always new).

Now, I can hear some cranky Republicans saying that it is just the rats jumping ship. Maybe or maybe not. I realize that I'm not nearly the big rat they are but I have left the Democrat ship. Then again I do not have as much at stake. In fact all my friends are thrilled that I have come over to their side (of course I would like to remind them that I am not really a Republican just not a Democrat at the moment). But both Clinton and de Rothschild have much to loose and she especially because Clinton just supported McCain in his move for foregoing the debate not overtly supporting him in the election. She has wholesale gone over to the McCain camp and is helping the campaign. She is toast in the democratic world.

So what these two folks, among others, are doing is major and I hope some fence sitters from the deomocrat side are listening. Clinton's move could be strictly political for his wife but I'm not sure what the bonus is for Rothschild, who said in her interview that she has only ever voted Democrat.

Just thinking, all day long, just thinking. Sick sick puppy that I am, just thinking about presidents, past present and future, just thinking all day long.........

8 comments:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

here is my thinking. the dems want to take the money from the reps and give to the dems. why? i have no idea. i am sure of it though. it's that whole pesky tax thingy. some pay, some take. now this whole banking debacle! yikes! i know nothing about the inner workings of that but it scares me so much!

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Dr.John said...

Both sides lie so I don't know what to think.

KathyB. said...

i have been thinkin' that just maybe it is not a democrat / republican thing, but a real, true, ' thinking ' thing . It seems to my old brain that the Democratic party has been hoodwinked and hi-jacked by some force which has taken liberalism and political correctness to amazingly new LOWS and extremes.

Also, the Republicans are now very much like the old style democrats.....maybe the democrats you mentioned are really returning to their roots. Just thinkin' , KathyB.

KathyB. said...

Oh, I forgot...thanks for keeping me up to date, your news is new news to me.KathyB.

Melli said...

Ya wanna know what I'VE decided about this year's election? (besides the fact that it's been the ugliest campaign YET in history?) Well... it wasn't really a "decision"... it's just the way I've handled it - and only now realized that it was a subconscious decision. I'm just not sweating it. I'm praying and I'm letting God decide who I personally vote for... and beyond that, I'm trusting Him to make it all work out ... for His good - no matter who gets in!

I will tell you this... I worry (and I knOw I shouldn't) about whichever candidate wins. I feel in my bones there will be assassination attempts made no matter who gets in... and that's sad.

KWolfAK said...

Keep thinking... I like the way you're thinking!

ded said...

I'm writing in Ron Paul. It is all my conscience will let me do.

Lanny said...

ded,
You know I certainly can't fault you for voting for someone who really isn't running, I have done so in the past, nor can I fault you for your choice though I personally find many of his positions dangerously isolationistic. I would hope however that you and those who still "haven't decided yet" to really research the difference between the two candidates, the backgrounds, the impetus and forces behind both of those who are actually running. I personally have found substantial proof from the people and writings in each persons background to uphold what I presumed of them from first hearing from each of them. Certainly I will continue to have friends who's opinions differ from mine, always have and always will.