It is a delight to be the spouse of a hard working, joy-filled, dedicated man.



Sunday, September 14, 2008

"You Did It To Me"

And the King will answer and say to them, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.’ “Then He will also say to those on the left hand, ‘Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels: for I was hungry and you gave Me no food; I was thirsty and you gave Me no drink; I was a stranger and you did not take Me in, naked and you did not clothe Me, sick and in prison and you did not visit Me.’ “Then they also will answer Him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to You?’ Then He will answer them, saying, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.’ And these will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

Matthew 25:40-45

3 comments:

Dr.John said...

Scarey verse isn't it.

Ted M. Gossard said...

Yes. Like I was reading in a new book (to come) by Scot McKnight- what we do with Scripture because of God's voice in it and in relationship to him- is more important than what we profess to believe, without denying the importance of that.

Like the parable of Jesus of the two sons, when the one who obeyed after first saying "no" is the one who had the right response to Scripture in the end, as opposed to the one who said "yes", but didn't do it.

A good book
by the way. And I was one of the lucky ones who got in under the wire to get an advance copy of it.

Melli said...

Which is why I still pick up strangers and give them rides WHEN HE TELLS ME TO... and give bums money on the street... and pay for hotel rooms for homeless families... and hope I catch enough of them to count for the ones I turn my head against sometimes... *sigh*