It is a delight to be the spouse of a hard working, joy-filled, dedicated man.



Monday, August 4, 2008

Stephaine and the Boys

Steph and her boys came out to the farm today to get both of their dogs fixed over at our landlord's (he's a vet). Eric, her husband, is off with his youth group so she and the boys decided to stay the day, spend the night and head back to their house tomorrow.

Steph is always a big help when she comes out to the farm. Kai, her oldest, likes to come out and help his aunties do their chores. And of course there is nothing better than helping Dirt do his things. And now Dirt has a new buddy to hang with him and do chores, Aksel.

Aksel is a little apprehensive these days about going to other people other than Auntie Anna, so Dirt put him at ease by sharing a bottle with him. Aksel was facinated and willing to go out and help Grandpa Dirt mow the lawn. Dirt says next week they will tackle the chain saw.

Momma Stephanie just giggles. She knows her daddy pretty well.

The girls have begun painting the living room, they were informed that they had to use kilz first so we won't have any more unwanted stripes, and that they had to mask off the trim. It put a small damper in their interest. (They are like their momma and hate to do prep work.) But the green is back on the walls tonight. Yeah!

This is the first time I have every painted a room the color it already was. That just goes to show you how much I love the colors in my living room. I know it isn't everyone's cup of tea but it is mine. But I have had a few people who talk about how my living room is warm, inviting and relaxing. I contribute it to my color scheme.

It's late and I'm going to kill the tv and go to bed.

No comments: